Hi All, started the Bobcat 873G today to move some round bales and received the following error codes: 01-17 04-21 05-21 07-21 08-21 09-21 The -21 suffix is Out of Range High (Above detectable range of sensor). Obviously, codes 07-21, 08-21, and 09-21 couldn't have been Out of Range High because they are for temperature and fuel level. I thought I might have a grounding issue so I took the main ground off and made sure it was bare metal to bare metal and tightened it down. It didn't make a difference. The funny thing is I can run the machine without problems. I can move and use hydraulics. I ran the machine a while and some of the lights went off on the right side of the deluxe panel. At one time, only one code was active. I'm not sure where to look. It is the first day that has been cool enough to engage the glow plugs. Even after running it for a while I stopped and restarted and the glow plugs still reported a count down of 30 seconds. Normally, I wouldn't see that when I start it up warm. I would appreciate any ideas on where to look from the group. Regards.
After a detailed look at the electrical schematic all of those sensors with out of range high share the same ground. They all go to wire 3010. Anyone have an idea where I might find it? For reference, the error codes correspond to: 01-17 Air Filter Plugged 04-21 Engine Oil Pressure (Out of Range) 05-21 Hyd Charge Pressure (Out of Range) 07-21 Hyd Oil Temp (Out of Range) 08-21 Engine Coolant (Out of Range) 09-21 Fuel Level (Out of Range) Thanks.
If all share the same ground, then unplug each sensor one at a time. Then check to see if the codes go inactive. Whichever one you unplug and the rest of the codes go inactive then that's your problem. It sounds like something shorted.
Grounding stud nut is loose, corrosion. Also test that wire under load with Loadpro or just a higher wattage light bulb, look for voltage drop. If voltage does drop under load - might be corrosion inside the wire which you can’t see.
TVA, thanks for the help. Any ideas where I might find the grounding stud for all these sensors or general location? I already cleaned up all of the main grounds off the battery. The battery is only 4 or 5 months old as well.
Paul, thanks. I will try to find all of the sensors and unplug them one at a time. Some are easy find others not so easy or hard to get to. Fuel sender comes to mind.
Although I messed with bobcats before, never had to look for a bad ground! Manual with electric diagram should have studs locations. This being Bobcat - you gonna need whole lot of luck, and whole lot of patience to do that in that cluster f&$k!!! I absolutely, and positively hate those things with all my being!!!
I resolved the issue with out of range errors on startup. They hydraulic pressure sensor was the easiest to trace back to its source. I followed it back to the main controller and knew from looking at the schematic that wire 3010 was on connector J1 pin F2. I pulled the J1 connector and found 5 or 6 of the female sockets were not seated far enough in the connector. One of the sockets was F2. It was far enough out that it was not touching the F2 pin on the controller side. I tested continuity to ground with pin F2 so I felt pretty confident that once all of the sockets were seated in the connector I would be good to go. I hope this helps someone else. It was definitely a grounding issue causing all of those error codes just not what I had expected to find. Thanks to all who replied.
Thanks for coming back and letting us know! I am also pretty sure tho will be very helpful to a lot of people!