Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A tank pulling a Le torneau scraper

Tinkerer ยท 2017-02-11 09:22

I thought this was kinda interesting. I was wondering if Scrubpuller is one of the operators ! The following description was on the same page as the photo. Historic photographs of roads, tracks and bridges, Cooma to Kosciusko, New South Wales, 1930-1955.

Replies5
  1. #1Scrub Puller2017-02-11 11:39

    Yair . . . Fair go mate, I'm not that bloody old! (grins) Interesting photo, unusual to see a scraper of that vintage with such a stout looking sunshade . . . almost looks like a ROPS. Cheers.

  2. #2ih1002017-02-19 03:46

    Pretty sure that's post-1945, so it could be you, Scrub There were a few cut-down Sherman's in the UK, one or two in agriculture, some muck shifting. Wouldn't want to foot the fuel bill or keep 'em in shoes.

  3. #3Queenslander2017-02-19 04:52

    This bloke has one that will slurp 13 litres every 100 yards. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-...preserving-australian-farming-history/8017194

  4. #4DMiller2017-03-11 19:56

    Based on the frontal bolting that was probably a M-3 Grant not a Sherman.

  5. #5DMiller2017-03-11 20:00

    http://thechive.com/2015/08/18/it-left-a-mark-during-action-in-n-africa-m3-leegrant-tank-60-photos/