Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A “What is it?”

Wanabe ยท 2010-12-11 22:24

Can anybody tell me what this plug is for? It wasn't plugged up when I got the machine and everything seems to work...maybe back-up alarm?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592010-12-11 23:10

    That's the test plug for a Bobcat mechanic to connect to the machines wiring harness to do diagnostic testing.

  2. #2Wanabe2010-12-11 23:55

    Thanks ATCOEQUIP, you da man!! Should it be plugged together???

  3. #3willie592010-12-12 10:15

    Hmm, I can't remember for sure. We have several Bobcats at work, I'll have to take a look on Monday.

  4. #4mrfixitpaul2010-12-12 13:40

    It is the connection for the Bobcat diagnostic computer, and also the connection for an attachment control kit, for attachments that have electrical controls on them

  5. #5Darb2010-12-31 00:01

    Wanabe, Unless you disconnected it for the picture, I would suggest you reattach that battery hold down. You don't want the battery moving around when you are working your machine.

  6. #6bobcatmechanic2011-01-01 16:15

    yeah reconnect it or put the protective cap back on keep the dirt and grime out. I have forgotten to replug the aux harness back in and you get a call from the guy real quick if he uses it daily because its not working any more. but yeah its for planners snow blades grader attachments and any thing else that has multiple hyd funtions more than just on off like a trencher without hyd side shift auger breaker.