Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A25D E F

john biggins ยท 2021-07-19 12:31

Hi guys have a decent early a25D , but looking at possibility of moving to an E or and F, probably not stretch to G. Any pros or cons of the next 2 generations ? versus what i have .# Any pointers would be appreciated. J

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-07-19 13:14

    E was an engine change and trans F was eng w/ emissions and dropbox was upgraded i believe. E was short lived. F was a solid machine same problems as D, spring blocks, A-stay bushings , hitch bearings. For reliability, D& F are pretty consistent.

  2. #2john biggins2021-07-19 13:31

    Thanks fuel would u say f is worth moving too from a D? Where does G sit ? Was there such a thing as the best range in the 25 sector outside of the old C J

  3. #3funwithfuel2021-07-19 17:56

    I personally thought the D was the best. The F has its advantages but has lower compression to reduce NOx . I don't remember if the 25s had EGR or not. I would not step into a G that was tier IV interim, i believe. Blowers and air compressors just to support regeneration. Now tier IV final with SCR, the rumor was as i recall all the compression, only a DOC(maybe), no DPF and SCR to control NOx Rumor was the A25 in tier IV final was gonna be the most efficient as far as emissions were concerned of all of them. I would reach out to some of the guys who still work for Volvo dealers, see if that's true. Paul Counil , Birken Vogt , Ben Witter. These guys, i believe, still work for the brand. If i missed someone, my apologies.

  4. #4john biggins2021-07-19 19:50

    Thanks fuel Very happy with my current d Ok more complicated that the c But more comfortable to drive etc Like it a lot But like to know what a sensible next step would be But I might be better sticking with what I have by sounds of it too