Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A30c Volvo rebuild

steve waldner · 2019-05-13 13:35

Rebuilding my a30c Volvo dump truck , more pics coming soon.

Replies10
  1. #1Aaron932019-05-16 21:40

    Thats awesome quick question, where do you find parts that Volvo no longer supports?

  2. #2steve waldner2019-05-18 23:27

    Haven’t ran into that a lot, on my rebuilds , I usually make it if it’s sheet metal parts, and McMaster car usually has it or very Similar. When I did my grove crane , I made all parts and the other stuff McMaster had everything , not saying I couldn’t of bought them , they just Terrible expensive.

  3. #3steve waldner2019-06-25 22:33

    It’s coming along , spare time project.

  4. #4funwithfuel2019-06-26 06:20

    Looking sharp.

  5. #5steve waldner2019-07-03 21:48

    Almost finished , more work than it looks .

  6. #6steve waldner2019-07-03 21:52

    Made this jib last year for a diff project , we like it , perty handy . (Needs paint yet)

  7. #7funwithfuel2019-07-05 22:22

    A new lease on life, thanks for posting that. Great job

  8. #8steve waldner2019-07-05 22:23

    Finished

  9. #9funwithfuel2019-07-05 22:30

    Fun times, setting all the pumps to work together.

  10. #10gtermini2019-07-08 11:52

    Nice shop set up and good looking work on the equipment! OT, but is that an 8" Prentiss chipping vise on the blue pedestal by the red office chair in the boom picture? Those are about the holy grail of bench vises.