Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Abandoned Old Cat in the BC Forest

DerelictTexture ยท 2012-07-03 17:20

Photos taken in 2011.. More photos of the old timer here in the link http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/mossy-and-rusty-abandoned-cat.html

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies9
  1. #1Buckethead2012-07-03 18:28

    Nice find! Looks like an old Euclid/Terex with a GarWood cable blade.

  2. #2DerelictTexture2012-07-03 18:33

    Hey thanks for that...I never knew what it was. As far as I can remember there weren't any real serious markings. stamps, stickers or labels on it. I'll likely be going back there one day in the future to grab a few more images. Thanks for the info Mike P

  3. #3D5Cat12012-07-05 12:42

    I wonder why it was just left there?

  4. #4DerelictTexture2012-07-05 12:50

    D5Cat1 I have no idea why they parked it and walked away. My main hobby is to look for stuff like this...It's like treasure hunting. A lot of the guys who parked this gear are long gone and the stories are diluted down to gossip and gibberish The Gradall in this video clip is about 200 feet away from the old cat. http://youtu.be/5ykGDtdQMVY If you want to scratch your head over left behind gear...have a peek at this stuff http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/01/more-photos-from-sterloff-property.html http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/lost-treasure-trove-of-abandoned.html

  5. #5Bluetop Man2012-07-05 13:34

    Operate one.

  6. #6DerelictTexture2012-07-05 13:39

    Hey Blue Top Man...have a look at the reply to D5Cat1. I wish I knew the story Are you saying that you are running one now?

  7. #7tuney4432012-07-07 10:17

    I'm quite sure he's referring if you ever were to operate one,you too would abandon it if you could.

  8. #8Forestgnome2012-07-09 20:37

    Doesn't look too bad. You sure it's abandoned? Sometimes mine looks like that and I hop in, start it up, and drive off.

  9. #9DerelictTexture2012-07-09 20:50

    Oh yes, it's definitely abandoned. Someone parked it there decades ago and walked away. The area that it's in...is excavator country. Cat work is pretty rare unless a very large acreage is being cleared...even then it's going to be a relativley new D-6 or 8. I'll contradict myself a bit with the next couple photos....In a much different location mind you. An old Drott front end loader/crawler working along side an UH-07 hoe ( photographed this year and not in the 70's ) and an old Cat waiting for marching orders...hasn't turned a track in years.