On a 96 FL70 single axle automatic can the system be disabled? What about runing the airlines around so its not in the system?The driver says it dosent have the stoping power it needs to. The shoes and drums were replaced last winter and are in good shape . Its not used to pull a trailer. I am thinking about temparely putin a gauge on both sides of the abs systems to see if something is going on.
You check the brake adjustments? Air gauge may tell you something yeah.
Did this truck use to be a tractor? If yes, then maybe the air system wasn't redone properly when it was converted. When the red button is not pushed on a tractor, there is less braking force sent to the drive axles because without a trailer there would be less weight on the axles. Hooking up to a trailer (and pushing the red button) sends more air to the drive axles for braking. Andrew
I second Andrew. I have run into this before as they use a bobtail valve that limits rear breaking. Plug the trailer air line and push the red valve in and see if the brakes get better.
I have been so busy i never gave it a thought but every time some one said something about the brakes on this truck i would test drive it and it was fine then it came to me that the 2 guys that drove it didnt know to push both buttons. I was driveing it around flat spoting the tire trying to figure out what was going on. Its also a automatic something i havent drove alot.
This truck is geting a new driver so i end up replaceing the valve it stops alot better now. I tryed removeing the air line going to the valve and it still didnt work right.