Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AC clutch

Old Doug ยท 2019-12-15 11:31

I have a toyota tacoma to work on that has a bad ac compresser ciutch bearing. It would be alot easyer to replace the clutch than the whole compreeser and a compresser is around $ 500.00. I dont know the price on the clutch yet. Do many guys replace just the clutch now days? Years ago l replased some clutches but now i just replace whole units. If it was mine i would replace the clutch if the price was right and take my chances on the compresser lasting.

Replies4
  1. #1_Weldman_2019-12-15 14:14

    I would personally just replace the clutch than the whole compressor, lot less work, cheaper, faster and requires less tools. Clutch should be around $100 or less and comes in a kit.

  2. #2Jonas3022019-12-15 17:32

    Lots of times the bearing can be found at parts store or bearing house pretty cheap

  3. #3petepilot2019-12-15 18:26

    e bay has complete comps. any where from 81.00 all the way to 580.00 depending on the year model

  4. #4Old Doug2019-12-15 19:31

    I am going to check on a clutch in the morning. That would save several hours work.