Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AC Gleanor F2

southernman13 · 2020-07-30 06:47

What engines were in these combines? We have one we’re going to scrap possibly. I know nothing about it. Looks to be intact. Is there anything of value on them. It just seem shameful to scrap a piece like that lol. Probably not worth anything. Just putting it out there before we demolish it. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1DMiller2020-07-30 08:44

    F2s were Allis engined, Diesel or GM for Gas.

  2. #2southernman132020-07-30 10:03

    Oh it’s definitely diesel I was just wondering if it was an Allis Chalmers engine there’s a lot of wasp around that I didn’t really want to get that close to look lol

  3. #3DMiller2020-07-30 13:19

    If a six popper will be the same as my 180, 301ci, if turbocharged likely same as a 190XT or 200 also a 301 or possibly a 426 like a 210/220. Four banger most likely the Perkins/Perkapiller they used in the 170s.

  4. #4southernman132020-07-30 15:27

    Sorry my bad. It’s a 4 banger. Idk if it was parked in running condition. It’s been sitting a while I’d say. I can’t see me ever doing anything with it but it’s killing me not to get the engine out if it.

  5. #5DMiller2020-07-30 15:28

    Always worth pulling it, Combines were Hydro drive so will have a large scale Hydraulics system attached!!!

  6. #6southernman132020-07-30 18:03

    Tenfo thanks

  7. #7mitch5042020-07-30 23:02

    Yeah, look at Farm Show Magazine, see all the things people have built out of combine drive trains. That part is usually good, cause they don't run much per year.