I was curious to as if anyone has more experience when it comes to charging brake accumulators. Ive got a Case 621F with a bad front brake accumulator bad so im going to replace both. About the charging valve- is there any specifics about the so called special charging valve regulator I need? the one its calling for to use is $800, ive already have the charging adapter that you screw on to the accumulator(found it in my old service truck-lucky me) thanks for any input
I have a high psi line that goes from nitrogen bottle to the fitting with no regulator to charge haul truck struts. If you carefully open the valve you can adjust the pressure not sure how much your team you later takes for a charge. Better if you can find a high-pressure nitrogen regulator I just use that set up because I was in a pinch and didn't have time to get a regulator.
If it works it works lol but ill see if about getting by Arcet to see if they have a high psi nitrogen regulator then go from there, according to the manual accumulators are calling 1000psi. and I tried messaging you the other day about manuals but it was saying your inbox was full
If it is a piston type accumulator you can fill off the bottle if you are careful. If it is a diaphragm accumulator I would suggest getting a regulator. I would recommend the highest regulated pressure you can get that you can afford, particularly if you are going to do things like struts. I got a 500 PSI regulator and was sorry about it up until I sold the thing.
I seem to recall nitrogen bottles not being a lot more than 1,000 psi full, maybe 1,500? Or am I hallucinating again?
I have a fill adapter that's the standard tire stem .303 32 thread. My JD accumulator is a 1/2 fine thread bore with the button at the bottom, planning on drilling out a bolt and adding the thread to the top with a floating pin to open the accumulator valve. It'll be about 20 minutes of lathe work.
The last bottle I had came with 2,800 PSI.
LOL, my gas dealer was probably robbing me!