Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ad’s and such

chidog ยท 2023-08-23 23:50

No matter what or who. Its just so fun when folks put up a forsale ad on say craigslist or what ever, and never answer your replys. Gosh same goes for some PM's as well. I never do that.

Replies8
  1. #192U 34062023-08-24 00:42

    I found a parts bike a few weeks ago. Messaged the seller, heard nothing back. I had cash in hand and was willing to pick it up ASAP. His loss I guess.

  2. #2joe--h2023-08-24 01:51

    Idiots & ads go together. Put an ad on local Facebook page a while back for something, ad described it and said FREE in caps. First 3 or 4 responses asked "How much did I want for it?" ***, it says FREE, what part of that is difficult? Joe H

  3. #3OzDozer2023-08-24 03:12

    I love the people who put up ads on social media, Gumtree, Craigslist, Kijiji, eBay, whatever - and who state categorically, "they will NOT answer messages or emails!" (from the site). So you're left with trying to phone them - with the possibility they DON'T ANSWER UNKNOWN CALLERS! LOL And they've just eliminated a heap of potential buyers with their stupid contact demands.

  4. #4JaredV2023-08-24 09:07

    I like it when there's enough room to write a book for free and they write their ad as though they're paying by the letter. "Tractor for sale- $5000"

  5. #5OzDozer2023-08-24 09:16

    They must think a lot of people read ads, r-e-a-l s-l-o-w ..... Then again, when you write up a good long description, there's always those people who reckon .... TLDR ....

  6. #692U 34062023-08-24 09:23

    For every person annoyed by short descriptions there are 15 that'll ask every question answered in the long and well written ads.

  7. #7wlhequipment2023-08-24 13:11

    I love it when I write an ad, and put in there "no trades, cash only" etc, and almost invariably I'll get a message that says "trade for a '78 Ford?" or some such. Yeah, bring your busted *** Ford on over, and I'll think about it. Hah.

  8. #8JaredV2023-08-25 19:33

    That's perfect. Weeds out the tire kickers. I hate answering the phone so I put in as much info as reasonably possible.