Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Add a 6 way blade to a Gehl Z35 (Yanmar)

rafternw ยท 2024-11-05 14:49

I have a 2018 Gehl Z35 and want to add a 6 way blade to it. I have found a lightly used blade that I can make fit but don't know anything about the hydraulics. My machine has a quick attach and a hydraulic thumb. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1bmckenzie2024-11-05 17:26

    Which ever manufacture that offers this as an option will be ruled king ! I use my 35 series Takeuchi for EVERY thing, A 6 way would sure be nice on water bars.

  2. #2rafternw2024-11-05 17:46

    As far as I know Kubota is the only one who offers it from the factory. I have one that I can adapt to my machine but the hydraulics are the big question. It takes 2 additional circuits for the angle and tilt functions. Where to get the flow from and how to control it are the issues.

  3. #3ebaikie2024-11-06 11:35

    The challenge will be getting the hydraulic circuits through the center swivel. You would need to find a swivel with four extra passages that will fit in your machine, which is unlikely without modifying your machine.

  4. #4Mobiltech2024-11-06 11:40

    You should be able to use just one circuit to supply it with an electric diverter valve to split the functions like a skid steer six way does.

  5. #5ebaikie2024-11-06 11:50

    If you do that you'll most likely need to use a battery and remote control because most excavator swivels don't have a hollow center where you can add a slip ring for electrical. You can divert your blade circuit with two 6 way diverter valves for the two functions, Like these . You can directly connect these valves together using two -8 MORB to MJIC and -8 FJIOC to MORB fittings. I did that for my aux functions up top in my machine. You could use a drill battery to 12V adapter to use your choice brand of tool battery to power the diverters through relays controlled by a 4 button remote.