Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

add-on shuttle fluid cooler for a 580B

yasmar ยท 2008-04-27 21:38

What are my options for by-passing the shuttle fluid cooler on my 580B?

Replies2
  1. #1Phil2008-04-28 07:55

    I've seen quite a few B's with a cooler mounted in front of the radiator. I believe that these lines can run at full pump pressure, around 300 psi I think, so keep that in mind when selecting a cooler. It's also a little tight in there running the hydraulic hose; some owners will install a used cooler off a piece of heavy equipment. I have a CK with a completely by-passed cooler. Not sure what a rad shop would want to repair that section of the radiator. Make sure you have a new bottom rad hose if you pull your rad out., good luck.Phil

  2. #2yasmar2008-04-28 09:36

    Thanks for the help Phil... It's finally warmed up enough here for me to get out and work on her...yesterday we really tore into it for the first time since I brought it home. I'm trying to determine if my "won't move after a bit of use" is due to fluid/filter (water in the shuttle and no filter), pump issue, or shuttle issue. There was a lot of water in the shuttle when I drained it...plus the radiator was dry, making me think maybe the rad back drained into the shuttle. Engine oil looked fine.