A 4 stick 590 superm. It will be taking some weight off the 580. Our original plan was to swap 4 sticks to 2 to match the 580. But it went right into service. And we may not swap it. Just wanted to share. It out digs the 580 by a fair amount. I'm thinking about fabbing a 4ft bucket and have scabbed wings on the old 3ft bucket for now. Just the wings alone move a noticable amount more than with out. the 590 is about 4k heavier digs just alittle more pushes just alittle more and reaches just alittle more. It's just alittle more. So far its dug 2 house clearance 2 sets of utilities and backfield one house weve had it a week. I'm still undecided on 4 sticks. I think I need a few more days on it to get know 4 sticks till I decide to switch to 2 sticks or not.
Why change it ,just get use to it.
Congrats on your purchase! I would have what ever control patterns make you money.
I've had both I don't think one way makes you any more efficient than the other. The only noticeable thing to me was lifting the back of the machine over a ditch sideways the ft controls ( 4 stick) must have more flow because it was stronger .
Currently 2 sticks make more money. I'm okay on the 4 stick 590. If it had 2 sticks I'd be happier dig faster and make better use of the power it has. Maybe next year I'll be running it quicker and more efficiently. I'm trying to track down all the parts online without going through local case dealers and not having any luck. They wanted 2000 then I asked what they do with 4 stick stuff then they're like ohh well give you a 500 credit for that stuff. So 1500 now hmmmm. Bought to order a case parts manual.
Pretty sure this is similar to flying a helicopter wings on the bucket pedals under my feet and sticks in my hands How unhappy do you guys think the 590 would be digging with 4ft bucket. I think it would be about like the 580 with a 3ft bucket. Might not even air out the stabalizer as bad. I often feel like I'm dancing throwing dirt just right to keep from bouncing on the off stabalizer. I am aware that 4ft buckets arent sold for the case hoes
Had a rain week and had controls swapped. 590 is now working efficiently with us. I got fairly decent on 4 sticks but feel I'm better on 2 sticks. Wings I put on bucket dont phase it
Finally got to spend alittle more time on the 590 . All I can say is wow. The bucket wings are amazing. I rarely lift a stabalizer. The 580 lifts so often it's like dancing. I have no doubt this machine will pull a 4ft bucket. Just gota come up with time to do it. We got a few buckets we dont use. A 12 and 18 some thing else to. Weve gota sweet frost bucket that I cant wait to see this thing run Just thought I'd check in with the backhoe guys
Did you find the cable TV? I'm glad the new hoe is working out.
Lol yes something. Ready rock today
It all depends on volume of bucket I would think maybe a 42 inch bucket would work ok but a 4 foot buckets going to add almost a third more dirt over a 3 foot and what will that be like with the e stick all the out I bet it would be fine when your not reaching out Just some thoughts
42" might be better. Working on a septic system. Waiting on sand. Always waiting on our little truck 580 dug these. I'm caught up on clearances both hoes are here now.. Septic is going slow. With inspections. And varying hard pan depth. One run is 9ft the others 6-7 I know these are not legal per osha. They are ounce stands in.
"I know these are not legal per osha." Is anyone required to be in the bottom of the ditch, if no then it's fine. The top sand grade looks to be less than 4' deep. That is an interesting septic system, sand leach with perf.'d SDR pipe? Since the sand is so deep, is there a problem with the soil perc rate? I really enjoy seeing how things are done in other places and learning something new.
Is that hard pan cleach we have lot of it around here that stuff can get real hard
LOL I put in a new drain field yesterday. I used the bucket of my MTL to dig the trench. Wider than it needed to be, but who cares. I was done digging in 6 minutes. Gotta love this FL sand! P.S. It perks like crazy. I can run a garden hose on the ground all day and the 'puddle' will never get 18" wide and 1/2" deep.
Someone order a bunch of sdr perfed. Then didnt want it. We got it for cheap. Health dept said keep going deeper. I dug 8 test holes each different then the two trench lines were different again