Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding a hazmat endorsement

Tunneldigger · 2025-03-19 18:40

I got a class A CDL with tanker endorsement. I am wanting to add hazmat. How long of a process is this? Any advice on the test? The TSA part, what does that consist of? Any way to expidite?

Replies2
  1. #1LN Pipeline2025-03-20 03:19

    If the background check tells you to bring your mailing addresses for the last 10 years, make sure you also have the physical addresses if they are different. PO Boxes will not suffice. They didn’t when I got mine, anyways.

  2. #2Coaldust2025-03-20 05:32

    It can take up to 30 days to get your background check approved. The first step is to apply on-line. Then, they will tell you where to go for the fingerprints and document checks. Apply for the HME | TSA Enrollment by IDEMIA Visit this page to start your enrollment process for the Hazardous Materials Endorsement Threat Assessment (HME) Program. tsaenrollmentbyidemia.tsa.dhs.gov