Hey guys, I was just curious if adding a pusher/tag axle that wasn't a stock item would affect the title of the truck? Would it show it as a reconstructed title? Concerned with this particularly in PA. Thanks, Justin
I wouldn't think it would be a reconstructed title, but call your local dmv and ask them this specific question, you might have to update the registration so it accounts for the added tires, but should do nothing to your title, or at least not in my state anyhow. If you get an answer, let us know what they say and what you have to do, I've had to restate on the registration when we paint the truck a different color, otherwise when pulled over, the registration states, its a white truck and when they look its red and then the questions start in and a lot of explaining to do. I've been asked in the past, any updates that need to be changed or added on the registration when I go to renew the plates, that's usually when I have to tell them what's been done different. For a salvaged or reconstructed title to be done, either its totaled out in a wreck, or its been changed from a semi tractor to to straight truck or cement truck or the frame has been shorted or stretched, something major, I wouldn't guess adding an axle would affect your title, but I've been wrong before.