Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding another hyd valve

Old Doug ยท 2021-06-05 11:00

I put this in the skid steer form but didnt get a answer. I want to add another valve to operate a grapple on my 1830 case can a put a valve between the inlet hose and the valve thats on there already or one of those 12v diverter valves in the lines to the bucket tilte cylinders ?

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-06-05 19:43

    If Coy Lancaster or Melben don't see this, send them a PM and ask them to read it. They are the Case experts.

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-06-05 22:05

    Oops ! Alrman is another Case expert !

  3. #3partsandservice2021-06-06 21:52

    You should be able to add another valve upstream of the original as long as it matches the flow rate and us a power beyond valve.

  4. #4Old Doug2021-06-08 21:09

    My plan is to remove the outlet line coming out of the hyd valve going to the filter and put a valve in it to run aux hydrolics. I hope this works ok i dont want to experiment . I saw a picture of the factory setup and they ran it off the side of the valve thats already there but the picture isnt very clear this setup ask alot of ???. There is a case dealer not far from me but they have a very poor parts guy .If i could i would hit the road and look for one in a junk yard but this may be a very rare deal. I also watched a guy on youtube add a valve that worked off his bucket tilt. So he fliped a switch and he could use the grapple or the tilt with the bucket tilt control. Then i have to buy, beg or borrow a grapple bucket but my machine dosent have the quick attach like most so thats another problem. I have 2 buckets so if i get the hyd sorted out i may make one bucket into a grapple bucket.

  5. #5Old Doug2021-06-10 11:31

    I should have done this before but i called Surplus Center and talked to a tec he told me why my plan may not work because it would put presser in the valve i wasnt using and it could leak or make it start working on its own he told me what i needed to use so i am going to order some stuff from them .I thought about using a 12volt pump because of the limited use it would see or adding another pump that ran off a belt.