Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding aux hydraulics

Ron73 ยท 2025-01-25 20:14

Hello all, I am looking at buying an older CAT 307. Has a blade and mechanical thumb. Can another line be ran to change it to a hydraulic thumb and run some attachments?

Replies8
  1. #192U 34062025-01-25 21:59

    Does it have an unused aux slice in the control valve stack?

  2. #2Ron732025-01-25 22:13

    I don't know and the person selling doesn't know. Machine is 6 hrs away so I can't go have a look. I have asked for more pics from the seller. So far I only have the 1 that I attached.

  3. #3LCA0782025-01-26 15:42

    Post the serial number. There might be some "as built" information that is helpful.

  4. #4Ron732025-01-26 20:32
  5. #5Tyler d4c2025-01-26 20:34

    Does it have a offset boom? On the 307 ssr they used the "extra valve" for the offset. That is a grey market machine by the way. If your not handy for repair and searching up parts you may want to avoid it.

  6. #6Ron732025-01-26 20:40
  7. #7Ron732025-01-26 20:44

    I have no issues with doing the work and finding parts, just need some help with knowing if I can add aux hydraulics or if it's going to be a big ticket item to do. Thanks!

  8. #8Nige2025-01-26 21:01

    9ZL00917. You have a grey market Japan-only market machine imported unofficially. There is no information on these machines in the online parts/service system. The only way to get information is to buy a Parts Manual. XJBP7209 covers all 9ZL-prefix machines up to S/N 3210.