Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

adding joy stick controls to 580 c case

KEN CROSNY ยท 2026-07-11 18:48

adding joy stick controls to 580 c case

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2026-07-12 11:05

    Welcome to HEF Ken, your post is confusing for me. Are you asking if it can be done ? Or, have you already started the conversion and need help with it ? Your thread should be in the T/L/B forums. It would prolly get more attention there.

  2. #2KEN CROSNY2026-07-13 09:31

    I haven't started anything except for coming up with the idea I'm not sure what T/L/B stands for. Thanks for the reply I was wondering if anybody had done it and had A record of what parts they Used

  3. #3Tinkerer2026-07-13 14:04

    Tractor, loader, backhoe =TLB. That conversion is not something I would attempt. It would be extremely time consuming. The list of parts would be stupid expensive. Finding them would be a challenge too. Sell your machine and buy one with pilot controls. If you do that, don't limit your search to a 580C because they are rare in the used for sale market.

  4. #4Welder Dave2026-07-13 16:29

    If your backhoe is in good condition and you're new to running one, I'd just get used to the controls it has. Getting proficient with any type of backhoe controls takes a fair amount of practice. You could start off at a lower RPM and increase it as you get better with the controls.

  5. #5alrman2026-07-14 16:23

    You could possibly find a set of levers (two lever or hand swing) from a wrecking yard. They would need to be 580C specific, due to the design/configuration. I'm not 100% certain if you may need to dismantle the control valve & swap sections around to make that change over happen as well.