Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding more track rollers…

ronbourd · 2023-10-01 17:01

Did some one on this Forum ever had the idea of adding more track rollers on a Mini Ex ? Could more rollers help for longer life of the rubber tracks and help in "floating easier on grass garden". With my TB016, the tread footprint that it makes , it looks like this Min i E x is tw ice it 's weight! Thank you for your comments! Ronald!

Replies4
  1. #1PeterG2023-10-01 17:48

    Not sure how that would help. I think it's the more aggressive tread pattern doing the damage. Do step turns if you can and stay off sharp rocks and concrete rubble. I've looked for smooth tracks, but I haven't seen any for any Takeuchi machines. We use 4x8 rubber Alturnamats ground mats at times.

  2. #2KSSS2023-10-01 18:57

    I agree, adding rollers wont help with compaction, not to mention losing the ability for the tracks to flex over rocks and other debris. Not sure that would be a good idea. It certainly would be even rougher riding than they already are. Laying down plywood is what I have done when I have to leave no trace.

  3. #3skyking12023-10-01 21:58

    With that little machine you can use 1' wide rips of anything at all and improve the situation.

  4. #4Toddgarage2023-10-07 12:30

    Are your using factory tracks? We have 2 Deere 17g machines and one uses factory tracks and the other has “overseas” tracks. The factory tracks have twice as many segments for the drive cog to engage and they have work much better. The 17g machines replaced the Tb016 we used to have. All these little machines will damage turf grass but that’s normal. Plywood helps… build in turf grass restoration into the job cost