Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding side shift on warehouse forklift

IceHole ยท 2024-11-26 15:39

Have a 90s Mitsubishi FG25 that is plumbed for side shift but doesn't have the carrier. Can only guess someone removed it at some point, I'm not sure. I'm finding the carriers on ebay for ~$600. I think they just mount like a set of forks do, and the forks mount on the new carrier? Or am I not understanding that? My forks are 16" between "tabs" which I guess is a class 2. Width of the "carrier" is around 39.5. Have no backrest, someone took it off. Which is fine, it'd just be in the way most of the time.

Replies10
  1. #1IceHole2024-11-26 16:00

    That's supposed to be WAREHOUSE not whorehouse. Sorry! Brain running 3 ways I guess!

  2. #2IceHole2024-11-26 16:12

    An anyone with ass time in a forklift will understand how side shift is so nice. I use this thing as a bench, engine picker, mobile car jack, moving totes and pallets, etc. It's doable without but for ~$600 I'm interested. Was a definite con for buying this forklift but I got it for a good price. Could sell it for probably double.

  3. #3Vetech632024-11-26 18:45

    Awwww Dam!

  4. #4CM19952024-11-26 19:17

    Fixed.

  5. #5Oxbow2024-11-26 21:27

    He'd of got more interest the other way!

  6. #6willie592024-11-26 21:45

    Can't really tell by the pics or description, but yes, typically speaking, a side shift attachment is a fork carriage that hooks on the top of the existing fixed carriage and has adjustable clamp hooks to secure it to the bottom of the existing fork carriage, then your forks hook to the attached side shift carriage. Send a message to the seller to confirm this.

  7. #7IceHole2024-11-27 11:45

    I did before posting and they just said they couldn't help me. And took 4 or 5 days to even get that answer. Uh, ok? I gave them model number and photos with measurements to make sure I had the right one to order. Their page claims they sell forklift parts, I figured they'd know what they're selling actually fits! It's not a 1 off listing. Best I can tell class 2 is what need, and seems like there's different widths. Not sure if that's critical or just means wider would allow wider stance of the forks? Like if mine is currently 40" and I got a 44" it'd still work?

  8. #8Birken Vogt2024-11-27 12:41

    This is the age of the internet where everybody tries to peddle junk but do not think it necessary to know what it is or what it does.

  9. #9TD242024-12-14 14:00

    Contact Nash Forklift Parts in Nicholasville, KY. Out line to them, the make, model, SN of the truck, and tell them you want a good, used side shifter. Think you will come out a lot better...

  10. #10IceHole2024-12-15 00:08

    Already bought one, have about $600 into it with shipping so hopefully it's good enough. Just loaded on the barge in WA and should be here middle of the week.