We're rebuilding a 1978 Liberty 26' aluminum end dump trailer with a lift axle. My main question is what valves do I need to add to run the lift axle and one to run the gate latches? I'd like to have the physical push pull valves in a nice box on the drivers side of the frame rail, I just don't know what other types of valves I need to run the implements. I will post some pictures of the trailer and some mounting ideas I have.
Are you running anything from the cab. I'm not asking because I would know valve types, just curious
I was not going to. I’d like to have anyone be able to hook up to it and run it without any problems.
Hopefully these help paint a better picture
https://www.stengelbros.net/Suspension-Air-Valves-and-Controls_c_1746.html . Stuff on here. Lift valve for in the truck, and in the box down further. I remember in my highway days we ran lift axles on 48 foot flatbeds. Cab controlled for lifting when turning. I remember when you lifted the axle, it killed the service side of the brakes so you couldn't drag the tires, say if you were coming to an intersection, and slowing down. I got nailed on a toll bridge, I had raised my lift, but when I got to the toll, it was still spinning, so he charged me for it being down. Older fella told me to lift it, and once it was up, hit the switch down, then hit the brakes, the flip it up before it touches the road.