Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

adjusting auxillary hydraulics on a CAT 308?

anorexicvega ยท 2014-01-06 09:07

I have a guy trying to adjust the auxillary hydraulics to run a hammer. Isn't this as simple as adjusting the relief valve to the pressure recommended to run the hammer, or is their some special procedure? thanks for any help, jonathan

Replies1
  1. #1heymccall2014-01-06 10:06

    My TB180FRs, Cat 416, 426, and 420 backhoes, and well, everything else from a TB035 and up, all run plate compactors, and, when I purchased hammers for them, they were all spot on, no adjustment necessary. Have you actually tried the hammer? As for actual adjustment, each Cat here was different. Full model nomenclature, and serial number prefix, would be needed for me to see how to adjust it, and a flow meter is needed to verify the flow on most of my smaller Cats. My C, D, and E larger Cat's can be programmed thru the monitor (320 and up). I have a 314Clcr that must be set with a flow meter and wrenches, but, my 314Dlcr is all electronically set.