Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adjusting Hyd.Pressure and flow for a plate packer on 320CL

teddyf7 ยท 2016-06-23 11:58

Can anyone give me some advice on adjusting pressure on a 2004 320CL for a vibratory plate packer. We tried it and its getting way to much pressure and we are going to wreck something for sure! Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1DGODGR2016-07-12 23:54

    I'll bet you have resolved this issue by now but I'll reply anyway. A lot will depend on which circuit you are trying to run the attachment on (you didn't specify). Lets assume that you have an auxiliary circuit. I recommend that you get a flow meter. It will be used to set the check circuit pressure to the requirements of the attachment. This is adjustable for each circuit on the machine (depending on the relief valve itself) via a screw and lock nut that usually sets on top of the valve. This is done manually unless your machine is equipped with some sort of tool control programming (not likely unless you have a newer machine). The flow will not be easily adjusted but most likely won't need to be if your attachment was designed for your size of tool carrier (excavator). One can buy restrictors/limiters (in line) if you are trying to reduce flow but I don't know much about them.