I was wondering how people advertise for their own businesses. I just use yellow pages and the local paper. I'm trying to put a web page together as soon as I get it all figured out. Are there some better (more effective) ways to advertise?
Sorry, just saw that someone else asked the same thing. I would still be open to other ideas and suggestions.
Unless you contract small jobs for the general public- Get with a good ad agency or even print shop that offers graphics and do a direct mailing- postcards are easy, cheap and you shoot with a rifle rather than a shotgun. Much more economical to reach the audience you are targeting. It takes 5 mailings to get good results. If you just do it 1 time then it will likely be a waste of time and money. the opinion of the owner of a print shop that, daily, deal with professions who advertise, Greg