Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Advice on a hitachi excavator

Seamusd003 · 2018-10-11 12:18

I've looked at a hitachi 150 lc-2 1997 with 8150 hrs on it, seems perfect to me, good power in hydraulics..undercarriage is good.. will be used on a farm... €12000 is on it with 5 good buckets. I was wondering are they a reliable machine or should I stay away any advice welcom

Replies10
  1. #1Seamusd0032018-10-11 17:52
  2. #2excavator2018-10-11 20:47

    Looks like a Fiat/Hitachi, don't know much about them.

  3. #3Tones2018-10-12 16:38

    Hitachi's of that era were very reliable and honest machines without to much electronic's compared to all current machines. Indians are buying them like crazy here in Oz, sending them home so that says alot.

  4. #4John C.2018-10-12 23:45

    I used to see a lot of Dash 2 and 3 gray market machines here. Few problems and parts were always available. That was years ago though and any still left around are old and very worn.

  5. #5excavator2018-10-13 11:25

    Hitachi never made a -2 or -3 150, they went from the straight 150 to the -5. If you look at the pics this is an FH150 built when Fiat and Hitachi were together in Europe. Totally different machine.

  6. #6John C.2018-10-13 11:31

    I was speaking of Hitachi in general.

  7. #7Tones2018-10-13 18:10

    Wouldn't that machine be similar to the Deere except with a Fait engine instead ?

  8. #8Volvomad2018-10-22 18:08

    used to run a FH 150-3 .A very reliable thrifty machine . It was a 1994 model . I dont understand how a -2 could be from 98

  9. #9ken birkin2018-12-16 22:55

    BE careful with swing motor, at those hrs my ex120 ate 2 swings, i always worked it like a 200. BUT over all good machines.

  10. #1092U 34062018-12-17 08:43

    Generally speaking Hitachi is one of the better brands on the market IMO. Most of the ones I worked on were in the ZX series though. Not many of the older EX series units around these parts anymore.