I'm Looking at a -- 1999, Samsung SE 280 LC, has 3,9XX hours, it runs & moves and in good (hoe pic's. shows low hr's. wear) condition.. except one item; It's reported to need a -- Control Valve Replacement, it's Bad. What is the ball park guess for cost of a -- Samsung Control Valve $ _____ . __ __ ? This a Bid Type Auction... any thought's on what this machine would be worth. I did some checking on Mach. Trader, the SE 280's were going for -- $ 14,000 K for a parts machine, $ 34K for a good shape 1996 SE 280. I was thinking around -- 14 K to 18 K as my top bid for a hoe with a broken control valve, & ___ ? it's a-pig-in-a-poke deal and could be a costly problem child. It's a 30 ton hoe and not cheap to move but another reason that some people won't bid on this size hoe. I listed the 2nd (below) machine I may bid (96 Hyundai 280) on; Please, share your thought's on this one as well. 1996 Hyundai 280 LC, has 75XX hours, Cummins 8.3 Engine. It's reported to have -- Wear in Pins & Bushings in Boom, UC Wear, Inst. Cluster is InOp. . It has a 8.3 Cummins engine, were they good engines ? I was a road man for Cummins in PGH and later... worked the coal fields, I retired 15 years ago. I don't know the Cummins 8.3 engines, did they burn a lot of fuel ? I still have my tools, road truck with crane and set up to do all levels of repair on hvy. equip. but not what I want to do everyday in retired life @ 65 YO. I need a bigger 20 Ton + for digging a big pond and putting in a -- 2 mile mtn. road in PA. The digging is in real tuff in red shale, sparks come off new teeth (it's like concrete). I'm in the process of putting together a Ripper Kit together to add on the back side of the bucket of the hoe I buy, check the Hensley design, see link below. http://www.hensleyind.com/parts_boo...k_Tools/Box_Ripper_Systems_for_Excavators.pdf Thank You, Avery
Good day Avery Samsung EC280 was superseded by Volvo models , the valve chest is in two form of two mono block units, if your lucky only one is damaged you may be able o source that from a breakers yard. The block is a Toshiba Heavy Industry copy. These machines were known to be popular Cummins engine as well. Fuel consumption was about average for a 30 ton machine. May I suggest you make a good inspection and establish exactly what is wrong with the valve block. We have good information on this product at Excatech.com if you need further help. Re Hyundai to be honest there is not a lot of difference only electrics - electronics minor hydraulics, both machine originate from Southern Korea and use licences copy parts from major manufacturers. Kind regards Uffex
Good day Avery Samsung EC280 was superseded by Volvo models , the valve chest is in the form of two mono block units, if your lucky only one is damaged you may be able o source that from a breakers yard. The block is a Toshiba Heavy Industry copy. These machines were known to be popular Cummins engine as well. Fuel consumption was about average for a 30 ton machine. May I suggest you make a good inspection and establish exactly what is wrong with the valve block. We have good information on this product at Excatech.com if you need further help. Re Hyundai to be honest there is not a lot of difference only electrics - electronics minor hydraulics, both machine originate from Southern Korea and use licences copy parts from major manufacturers. correction Kind regards Uffex