Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aerial Lift Platform Floor Material

Engineer44 · 2020-08-08 15:58

Genie 2002 TMZ 34/19 towable lift. The aluminum grid floor material in my platform is not in great shape. It’s stretched and sags and has a few broken spots. It’s pretty soft material. Where would I find some of this aluminum diamond grid material to replace the old one? The original flooring is tack welded to the platform tubing. My nephew can weld that. I realize the material should be lightweight to keep the basket weight as low as possible. And the open grid design may be important to let air pass through so it doesn’t become a sail in the wind. Has anyone used a different material that’s durable and safe? The original floor isn’t shown as a Genie part. They only show the whole basket for $5k.

Replies2
  1. #1crane operator2020-08-08 19:32

    Aluminum expanded metal. Look through pictures until you find something that matches yours.

  2. #2Engineer442020-08-09 07:30

    Yes, that’s it. Thanks. I didn’t know what it was called. Graingers has it in 4x8 sheets at a reasonable price.