Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aerial Sawing

Stump Knocker ยท 2013-12-10 15:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=HE0HEtHFemQ

Replies12
  1. #1Oxbow2013-12-10 18:07

    That was cool! But when things go wrong I bet it makes one pucker.

  2. #2monster762013-12-10 18:21

    thats awesome

  3. #3td25c2013-12-10 19:34

    Cool video! Looks like they have a website www.haverfield.com It's impressive watching them trim power line right of way with the chopper & saw. I have seen these guys work in person. www.aerialsolutionsinc.com

  4. #4mitch5042013-12-11 01:21

    My first cousin owns a huge machine shop. they make saws that hang under helicopters for trimming power lines. They have 8 or 10 circular saw blades, about 24", and a twin cylinder Honda engine on top. Absolutely fascinating to see the R&D that went into the first one they made.

  5. #5kshansen2013-12-11 05:31

    Would not be fun to snag an old barbed wire fence I'm sure

  6. #6ValleyFirewood2013-12-11 06:39

    Hmm, video doesn't work on my computer or phone.

  7. #7Tinkerer2013-12-11 20:11

    Things can and do go wrong with aerial saws. OH-HZH Robinson R44 Juuka, Finland 16-May-12 R44 was engaged in aerial saw work, clearing trees away from powerlines. While reportedly ferrying back to a field landing site, the helicopter crashed and was destroyed (photo). Sole occupant pilot had minor injuries.

  8. #895zIV2013-12-11 21:18

    TD had a thread about this work going:

  9. #9td25c2013-12-11 22:39

    Hey you found it 95zIV Its been ...heck.. 6 to 7 years since I've seen those guys from aerial solutions. Getting about time for them to show up again I always enjoy talking to them & watching them work .

  10. #10glenlunberg2013-12-11 22:47

    Wow! Cool video! I want to do that aerial sawing someday!

  11. #11rdr992013-12-12 19:48

    Think that there is a James Bond movie with one of those saws in it.

  12. #12Birken Vogt2013-12-13 00:22

    It looks to me like it would be easy to not see a guy wire and cut it before you know anything is happening.