Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aeromax Fords

DMiller ยท 2016-12-08 08:44

Have a Aeromax up for sale near to me. Have not worked on any but the L LTL and LN Ford conventionals, anything I need to look for, look into or expect to find on these? Is a Cummins Big Cam 350 for power on a 9 speed Fuller, simple set up on those, 40k rears, Eaton with Hendrickson.

Replies2
  1. #1Steve Frazier2016-12-08 23:20

    If I understand what you've written you are comparing the Aeromax to the L, LTL and LN. All the trucks use the Louisville cab in slightly different configurations. The Aeromax has a set back front axle and the different hood. It turns tighter and weight distribution is a little different. About the only problem I know of is the cabs are prone to rust where salt is used for ice control.

  2. #2DMiller2016-12-09 06:41

    Thanks for the reply, have been out of the truck repair business for over twenty years, have lost a little touch of them. Have a correction, seems is 3406E cat powered but is a single axle with a tag air lift rear so going to pass on this one.