I found a used cat 297C for sale and they rebuild the undercarriage with the after market aluminum rollers. Does anybody has any experience with these kinda rollers compare to the standard rollers? Are the better? Do they last longer? Thanks!
I had a set on my ASV on the rear, they were not better, they lasted about the same. Just more money. It might interest you that Terex/ASV have gotten away from the steel wheels on the rear of the PT 60's and went back to rubber. They were having problems with the cords inside the tracks breaking with the steel wheels.
Have steel on front and back of 297C and aluminum bogies on the outside bogies ...steel on the rear of the 287C. I wouldn't use anything but steel idlers, but in our terrain, the plastic garbage doesn't last very long. We also had problems with the plastic on the rear idlers snapping on both the 287C and 297C which is initially why we went with steel. ASV dealers here have stated that at least on their larger machines, to go with steel. We don't have issues with the steel breaking out the tracks before the terrain does. At least OEM tracks. Have two sets of after market tracks....we'll see how the terrain and steel treat them.
I've never been to Utah. What kind of terrain are you dealing with?