Hello everyone, I just came in after being out in the rain for about 4 hours in my skid steer and am wondering what sort of experiences, suggestions or input that any of you good folks might have to offer about after market skid steer covers. I have been looking at one from Skid Steer solutions that is acrylic and am leaning in that direction over a soft top for durability and efectiveness. I haven't even priced factory components but can't imagine them being anything but very expensive. I have a Takeuchi TL140 which is a great machine but is slowing being improved on and I think this will be the last major upgrade I make to it. I know that I can sit in my excavator all day and be nice and warm and dry and would like the same while in the skid! Thanks for your input!
There is a few shops here in Panama City that make and repair bimini tops for boat and pop up campers. They have good canvas that is water proof and can install flexible windows for the sides that are quite durable. I am going to have them make me a cover similar to a window air conditioner cover to fit over the cab of my BC 853C. This will give me rain and wind protection. The front door I'm making out of steel in my machine shop and will put lexion "or how ever it's spelled and called" in the frame with a latch and a lock to keep kids and U/A ppl out of it... also keeps the critters out that like to destroy things and cats from using the cab for a litter box. Hope this gives you an idea. It's much cheaper and is so easy to remove for those pleasant days. Captn