Just curious does anyone put after market stereo's in there equipment? My boss has a D6R with component speakers and an 8" sub behind the seat. The bass sounds awesome in that small cab We also have a D6N with components in the headliner also has a couple 6x9"s against the back glass behind the seat and tweeters mounted on the front glass up behind the rear view mirror. As quiet as the 6N's are it makes for crystal clear sound in the cab.
I put a stereo in our 623 I figured all the farmers have one so we should. Our water truck has a pretty good one but it was factory. I don't mind a guy listening to some tunes as long as his head is in the game.
The new 973's and 385's we have all came with Clarion cd players that are all set up for sat radio, all with remotes and either Pioneer Premiere speakers or JBL Components. It definately makes the day go by faster. I have mine setup to use with my ipod... nothin like havin your own tunes.
I have an old pioneer in the grader, a cat in the trackhoe. Bought a tractor radio for the D9, use headphones with it. Does anyone know where to get 24 volt radio's? Inverters to 12 v run down the batteries after while it seems if the machine sets several weeks. Hooking the radio to the switch looses the radio stations whenever the switch is turned off. Hooking the positive to 12 volts (1 battery) in the system grounds the system back through the other battery when the ground switch is disconnected.
The cheapest way to get 24v radios is through Cat or a truck dealership. Panasonic makes a tape/fm radio and cd/fm radio for cat. I know the older equipment all has the 24-12v invereter but I got snooping around the new track loader today and noticed its a dedicated 24v radio. I can hunt around for a model number for ya if need be.
Didn't have any luck finding the 24v at my local Martin Cat dealer, so would like to find a source. And now I think I want to find a stereo that will accept a usb or some other file device and play things I record off of the home computer. Would be easier to move from machine to machine then xm or sirrus.
I have an FM transmitter on the ipod, it plugs into the 12v plug in the cab.
Do you like it? Wouldn't be to big a deal to install cigarrete lighter plugins. Thanko has a watch that does fm transmit, plays mp3, and is a usb. Battery life while transmitting is only 5 hrs I think. Guess it tells the time to. I only have a 2 wire out inverter. Is there some that have another wire out to keep memory power?
Yeah some of them have the memory wire on em. The cigarette plugs are easy to install on almost any machine. I love the FM transmitter, used it all day and it worked great.
I just ordered a new Cat skid, 226BII. The dealer has fitted an aftermarket CD player and window tinting...haven't seen it yet.
http://www.crutchfield.com/ Thats where I used to get all my stereo equipment. I run my sirius radio on FM transmit mode and just wear my noise blocking FM radio headphones similar to these. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17248&cookietest=1 -Eric
$600 for installation into my 247B2, so much better than the Crapmatic in the old Bobcrap T190:
I have lots of extra stereo equipment, so a lot of time I will install it in what I'm running. I did get chewed out once though after I burn up my 2rd alt. I guess 1500 watts is a bit much.