Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

After market under carriage

Moonlite ยท 2014-01-20 21:11

Needing new under carriage on johndeere 650 H. At local dealer around $15K for parts. Found after market for around 8K anybody have good luck with after market parts? In other words didn't wear out in a yr.

Replies15
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-01-20 21:31

    Depends, what brand is the new undercarriage?

  2. #2Moonlite2014-01-20 22:22

    RFE distribution is the name of the company I was looking at.

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-01-20 23:59

    Ive never heard of them up here but Im sure someone on here has. We have pretty good luck with trek u/c and berco.

  4. #4dirthog2014-01-21 07:51

    We sell and use a lot from Value Part and have very goo service from them.

  5. #5WBC2014-01-21 08:20

    I've had good luck with Trek rails on my d5h high track. people tell me that their a good product and berco is too. It just hurts value if you go to sell rather than original equipment. But if your keeping I don't see where it matters

  6. #6Bruce Higgins2014-01-22 07:52

    We have DCF heavy duty rails on two 6HXL's. Seem to be wearing very well. We quit Burco because of dry links at 2500 hours.

  7. #7DMiller2014-01-22 09:07

    Man I wish they would bring back some Allis stuff, no one carrying that anymore.

  8. #8hd16b2014-01-22 18:37

    you are not the only one dmiller,25c have some more pictures of my 16b on the ac forum

  9. #9DMiller2014-01-22 19:16

    Saw the photos, nice looking machine, I had been considering a larger unit until I found the parts scarcities. I am satisfied so far with the money pit I have, may end up going Deere or Cat in the long run but they will never be the machines I want, cannot beat the AC units I have worked on or operated. My old 7G needs shoes did find decent rails on the donor but shoes are crap, what I have left will have to do and take reworking or the old girl will become a fence row queen, can't bear the thought of sending it to China. One would think the suppliers would see the old machines still plodding along and at least make some replacement stuff. Not all of us can afford to buy new, newer, newest or even reasonably recent just manage to work with what we have.

  10. #10QuickTrax2014-01-23 13:54

    Deere has contracted ITR to make the chains for the new 450,550, and 650 machines. They are putting the JD stamps on all of the links. They are also a very popular aftermarket brand. You won't find a lot of difference between ITR, V-Track, DCF or any of the other aftermarket korean manufacturers when it comes to cost or the amount of wear you will get. Either way you go, they all come with a 3yr/ 4000hr prorated warranty. Good Luck, QuickTrax

  11. #11Dickjr.2014-01-23 19:37

    Aren't there only about 3 different u/c manufacturers anyway? Or so I've been told. As said before they change the casting to say what brand name is on it.

  12. #12QuickTrax2014-01-24 10:08

    Most of the u/c comes from Italian, Korean, and Chinese companies. Put it this way, if you buy enough parts you can have "Dickjr." stamped into everything.

  13. #13Construct'O2014-01-24 18:17

    I think i got some sprockets (Cat) from Mexcio.Been a while they was for the D6n or might have been my H?

  14. #14oldirt2014-01-25 14:17

    last set for my 6D came from h.e. parts in des moines.. seem ok but I think they came from korea.

  15. #15MP72015-07-20 16:16

    We use Trek seem to get same or close to original equipment hours out of it, Berco is good but $$$