Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

After years of waiting I get my OE3 apprenticeship interview tomarrow morning!!!!

basspro ยท 2013-02-06 18:57

Not that y'all care, but I been waiting for this chance for quite some time (Since 2008)...& have done as much reading on this forum as my eyes can take (for a couple years). Hopefully I can make the best answers come out, & be able to show I am a quality person. I am very poor @ interviews, wish I could just bring em to work with me for a day. Don't know why I needed to share, exept I apsire to be an operator like you all, and am nervous as hell.

Replies11
  1. #1Scrub Puller2013-02-06 19:15

    Yair . . . basspro Best of luck with it mate and tell us how you go . . . I take it from your moniker you might flick a soft plastic or two when you're not on the job? Cheers.

  2. #2Tinkerer2013-02-07 06:32

    You will do just fine basspro. You really want the job and you are nervous as hell. Two pluses on your part. I am sure you have read this thread. there is a lot of info there for you.

  3. #3ddigger2013-02-07 11:40

    Way to go, you will be fine. I have been in Local 3 since 1982. Best of luck to you!

  4. #4basspro2013-02-07 19:07

    I GOT I start training on the 18th of next month! ty all, I look foreward to learning & am shure to have many Q's wich I hope to share here for folks in the future (if they have not been asked & answered before).

  5. #5basspro2013-02-07 19:09

    @ scrub puller, I am pretty good on the bass guitar

  6. #6CM19952013-02-07 20:17

    Congrats basspro!:drinkup Best of luck!

  7. #7JGS Parts2013-02-08 08:06

    congrats mate wish you best of luck and remember we will all try and help as much as we can mate.

  8. #8Buckethead2013-02-08 22:34

    There's a Mingus among us! (musician's joke) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Mingus

  9. #9bae2162013-02-13 21:54

    bae216 congrads, you will get out of the local what you put in. Do not get onvolved in the politics but be involved in the local. Loyalty means the world. Been in local for 35 years and this is best advise I can give you. Good Luck remember we have standards to live up to and the contractors is not our enemes, they are our partners. :usa

  10. #10NastyDan2015-01-21 23:47

    I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping maybe someone might have some insight. I'm also an aspiring operator - and I'm on the applicant list for local 3. I took the test last year... I'm wondering how my score compares to others who've tested. I scored a 58%. The testing coordinator said most people score somewhere in the 60's. Do you think I still have a reasonable chance of getting a call to interview? Or am I more likely out of the running? Anyone else from local 3 have any thoughts? Would anyone else mind sharing their testing score? Thanks all!

  11. #11Dunedog2019-06-30 14:20

    How did it go Dan?