Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket battery box for D6 Caterpillar

micbare ยท 2009-01-21 23:27

I need a source for two aftermarket metal battery boxes for my D6C. Cat wants over $500.00 each. I just can`t bring my self to pay that. :Banghead

Replies4
  1. #1EZ TRBO2009-01-22 06:36

    Any good weld shops in your area, most anything like that that we have had on equipment over the years if it needs replaced we just build it. If you can't do it yourself find a good welding and fabrication shop. I would sure think it would be much cheaper. Trbo

  2. #2D6c10K2009-01-22 08:35

    You could try HeavyQuip, they carry a lot of aftermarket parts....I need the battery covers for my 6c too...why do most of them get discarded?

  3. #330 dirty years2009-01-22 18:41

    This usually happens when the machine will not start and has to be jump started and the operator :Cowboy is to lazy to put it back on, it happens here all the time.:cussing

  4. #4Greg2009-01-24 16:22

    try machinerytrader.com. Go to the parts section and punch in the part number. It will come up with after market, new old stock and used parts.