Which aftermarket parts manufacturer has the best value/quality/ life expectancy for some of the more common engines cummins, cat, deere, ih? I've used IPD before and liked their kits, have also used fp diesel, like the parts but not overly fond of the gaskets. Most of the stuff I've done is engines that don't see a lot of use so I don't have the experience to know if the parts would have a life expectancy as good as the original.
I've had realy good luck with www.btmccorp.com engine kits on cummins and detroit engines.Parts are Federal Mogul brand in the kits I used and price was good.Last year my scraper engine "8-V 71 detroit" took a crap on me in the middle of a dirt job.I called btmc on a friday morning and orderd the engine kit,it showed up monday at noon.I call that service:thumbsup.
td25C, thanks for the reply, I am doing mobile heavy equipment repair and trying to find the right parts vendors has been challenging, I'll check out that web site.
Give them a call with the number on the contact page of the btmc website,ask for steve & tell him what ya need.I still do service calls & get in some mobile repair as well JeffW. It's never boring HeavyEquipmentForums