Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket filters

fourwheelinj1 ยท 2016-08-01 21:41

I just bought a bobcat 442 and want to do a full service on it will all new fluids and filters. I have heard that the bobcat factory filters are really expensive for this model. Is there any easy way to determine part numbers for aftermarket filters that will fit this machine?

Replies11
  1. #1Jonas3022016-08-01 22:34

    easy way is if there are numbers on the old filters have napa or somewhere like that cross them it usually works unless there is not and after market option for that filter The other thing is to call your dealer you may or may not find there prices quite competitive

  2. #2Bumpsteer2016-08-01 22:39

    All the major filter companies have a cross reference program on their websites. Ed

  3. #3kshansen2016-08-02 07:37

    Unless these "old filters" are the original ones on a machine that has never been serviced I would double check with dealer on correct filter numbers. Then you can use those to compare prices. Never trust that the last guy used the correct filters!

  4. #4jw32016-08-21 19:34

    Wix filters has an online cross reference. Type in your machine model numbers and the part numbers pull up. I didn't look where you're located, but I use Oriely auto parts. Normally they have it on the shelf or next day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5cdm1232016-08-26 21:11

    If you find a part # for a jobber filter to replace the $400 factory hydraulic one I am all ears!

  6. #6lantraxco2016-08-26 22:57

    Depends on the serial number, early ones used the same as the 444, part# 5380658088 crosses to a Baldwin PT9373-MPG filterspro.com seems to be cheapest. Later units used the 5368632568 which crosses to Baldwin PT9523-MPG can be had at zoro.com Or Grainger, etc. This place is cheap but show both numbers out of stock: http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/baldwin-filters-pt9523-mpg-max-perf-glass-hyd-ele/ http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/ba...h-supported-max-perf-glass-hydraulic-element/

  7. #7melli2016-08-26 23:32

    Wow! $400! I thought I was getting the gears when Bobcat wanted $80 for the expensive glass filter... I can see why AFM is for you! lol Lantraxco - thanks for link!

  8. #8lantraxco2016-08-27 01:10

    :thumbsup

  9. #9fourwheelinj12016-08-27 12:59

    I have also found another option on the 442 parts. Since the machine is a Terex hr32 the Terex parts should fit. I check and the bobcat part numbers and the Terex part numbers are the same for my year model so I call Terex and got them to quote all the parts I needed. Most parts are a lot cheaper than bobcat but some are even more expensive. The filters seem to be cheaper. Bobcat wanted $210 for the hydraulic filter and the same part from Terex is $74. So I ordered parts from both Terex and bobcat based on who was cheaper. I should get the parts next week. If everything fits like it should it will defenitely save me several hundred dollars.

  10. #10cdm1232016-08-31 23:16

    Thanks I will look in to it.

  11. #11farmboy5552017-02-28 07:20

    You can save some cash for sure with a little bit of research for sure