Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

aftermarket grade control

dialedin · 2023-09-16 10:00

I've got a 2008 cx80 case excavator and i've got a bunch of ditching to do; is there any system that anyone can recommend that i could setup on my machine that will give me depth and grade control? I've been having a second guy take rod readings whille we trench but its taking forever and awful time consuming. any guidance would be great. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Motor Grader2023-09-17 00:10

    I can help you with excavator systems. We manufacture both 2D and 3D systems. [email protected] I’m located in NC but travel all of US and Canada

  2. #2GEORGIOS1982172023-09-17 03:56

    Have you knowledges and for motor graders? I have one cat h series i want to fix

  3. #3Motor Grader2023-09-18 09:20

    You looking for 2D or 3D system on your grader? We do have a system that will run off of a laser, string line, or off curb. Where are you located?

  4. #4GEORGIOS1982172023-09-18 12:08

    I am looking for a system of 2d with just slope control to have the opportunity after some years to do it 3d. The most i need some information for this system because I don’t know much.i am located in Europe

  5. #5Oregunyian2023-11-15 13:57

    Is your system full auto grade control or is it indicate only? How is the accuracy on a swing-boom machine throughout the range of travel? Do you have a physical presence in the Pac NW? Thanks!

  6. #6Georgia Iron2023-11-22 18:13

    Any basic 2d machine control will do slope off a laser. You need a laser that will slope but it must be in a straight line or you will need to move it every time the angle moves. 3d machine control uses a total station with control points. You either make them or a surveyor sets them for you. It typically works off a prism on only one side of the blade using slope, and rotation sensors to control the rest of the blade. Lasers are more accurate and run off of 2 sensors one on each side of the blade. A machine control panel activates a custom made valve that attempts to keep the sensors on the beam.