Hello, i am fixing a d8n tranny and i want to buy aftermarket parts, what brand should i buy; any advice??? i have bought american crane!!! thanks Muller
Hello , American Crane is a good company , but their parts come from India and different countries , which is not so good at some point. A lot of my clients in Russian prefer CTP ( COSTEX ) which is made here in USA , that is what I sell for them , I`m also a dealer for CTP. Their product is very good , and good quality. In terms of pricing and cost of parts , they are much cheaper than American Crane , also there is a company called REGAL , they make good parts , I would not buy parts for the engine , but for the transmission is good . They are cheaper then CTP and good quality also ! I hope this will be helpful for you !
Thanks AGA you may have just saved me a packet, time will tell, thanks for the sales pitch. Good information too.
We sell a ton of aftermarket parts and what I have realized through the years is that hard parts like gears, steering disc, gaskets, etc.. will work great. I have had some issues with the quality of oil seals in the past. Some parts I recommend people to go back to the OEM. Thanks, Quicktrax
this helped me thanks
Were a dealer for American Crane and Costex and I would recommend either one. There are a few other companies producing aftermarket parts as well and they seem to have better warranties and pricing.
There are both good and bad aftermarket parts, and good and bad OEM parts. There are also good "aftermarket" parts manufacturers that are direct suppliers for Cat which means you can get the exact part you would from the dealer for less money (minus the Caterpillar packaging). For the most part, we install genuine hard parts and are very careful with the rest. It isn't uncommon to replace hundreds of items in a rebuild, but it only takes one defective part ruin all the hard work and attention to detail a good mechanic puts into it. In our 22+ year history we've rebuilt well over 10,000 components, about 1000 of those being dozer transmissions, and about 125 D8N's or similar. Our transmissions are a complex brew of both new and used parts. We’ve mastered through first-hand experience (sometimes costly experiences) which parts are to be trusted and which ones aren't. That’s the only way we can successfully have them live up to our standard 1-year/2000 hour warranty and beyond. While Cat is certainly not perfect, we have learned that aftermarket has a higher percentage of problems. I don't know what you're looking at spending (or what you spent) to get your transmission up and going again, but I wanted to let you know we stock this transmission and several others at a price and quality level I don't think you'll find anywhere else. We currently have a D8N transmission we exchange out for $12,500.
Can you be more specific? What brand did you use? What parts to rather buy from OEM? Thanks. Regards!
Hello, can you be more specific? What do you think about CTP parts? What parts from them should one defently avoid? Thanks. Regards.
I saw a recently installed bull gear made in China, break into three pieces, destroying the steering clutch case of an otherwise Mint 13X 955. Later Bob