Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket parts suppliers Australia.

.RC. · 2020-05-07 21:34

What suppliers of aftermarket parts for Caterpillar tracked tractors are there in Australia on the east coast. I need to get some mundane stuff like blade trunnions and balls and track frame guards. I usually use Tilly's, but do not have stock of some things I need. I know there is RD Willams, Expressways and Don Clark Tractors. I assume they are all much of a muchness? Although their online search says none stock track frame guards like 2S6263 and 2S6264 Any others out there to check out?

Replies8
  1. #1Queenslander2020-05-07 23:15

    Tried Deaf Jeff in Toowoomba?.

  2. #2.RC.2020-05-08 05:02

    No, I thought he was just a dealer in machinery.

  3. #3Queenslander2020-05-08 15:58

    Yeah, specialises mainly in D4s... some sixes, but he has been in the industry a long time and might know where he could lay his hands on something like track frame guards.

  4. #4Pony2020-05-08 17:30

    Have you priced genuine? I know with Komatsu sometimes they are cheaper than aftermarket.

  5. #5.RC.2020-05-08 23:04

    Yes I have access to SIS so have priced genuine and Yellow Mark. Trouble I think is how much you have to pay for the yellow paint on top of the part cost for the cat branded aftermarket parts. It is a no brainer to get genuine for mission critical parts.

  6. #6.RC.2020-05-10 19:04

    OK tis Monday morning, I price some parts from some of these other suppliers. I think their yellow paint is more expensive then Caterpillar paint. I may have been a bit harsh on Cat prices. On top of that, no freight from Cat as I am close to the dealer.

  7. #7Nige2020-05-10 21:03

    Sometimes you just have to do the comparison between OEM and aftermarket to realize that in a lot of cases there isn't that much of a difference.

  8. #8Queenslander2020-05-11 03:46

    We’re fortunate here in Qld. that our dealer is generally more than competitive on consumables such as oils, coolant, batteries, hydraulic hoses and the like.