All, Just looking to get some opinions of the quality of aftermarket swing bearings. A new one from Hitachi is pretty steep, at least 5 times the price of an aftermarket one. I do all my own mechanical work, so labor is not an issue for long term replacement if it would only get half the life. Winters are pretty slow, so machine down time is not an issue. Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket swing bearing quality? Thanks, Art
Aftermarket from a known source should be fine... have you tried Vancouver Tracparts? Good people and they do stock some of the slewing ring bearings.
I put an aftermarket bearing in a PC300 12 years ago. I've not heard back since but have seen the machine working around the area. It cost half what the OEM wanted. I got if from a parts dealer up here somewhere who ran it down and did all the legwork.
i would go aftermarket or good used on these! Much cheaper.
Thanks for the info. I suspect that if the bearing was measure for tolerance before install, that it would likely wear fairly well, provided the metallurgy was the same as OEM, and the seal doesn't pop out premature.