Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket shovel seats?

Hallback ยท 2021-03-08 22:03

Anyone know of a good, sturdy shovel seat? The factory one in our kobelco is junk & I'm not buying another crappy stock replacement.

Replies14
  1. #1Shimmy12021-03-09 00:49

    Retrofit a good truck seat? Sears, Bostrom, take your pick?

  2. #2Volvomad2021-03-10 17:58

    Have a NH tractor with a sears seat and I think it is very well built and very comfy . Thinking of fitting them in a Volvo shovel

  3. #3Mike L2021-03-10 18:08

    I never understood why a top of the line truck seat is $1000-1200 but a crappy replacement equipment seat is $3000+

  4. #4hvy 1ton2021-03-10 18:28

    Someone was offering a recaro seat and a 4-point harness as an upgrade for shovels and bunchers.

  5. #5Hallback2021-03-10 18:49

    Ya, these Kobelco seats are frickin garbage. I need to find a better quality seat for sure.

  6. #6John C.2021-03-10 22:29

    My experience with seats was from years ago so don't know of any suppliers anymore. You might talk to some Weyerhaeuser guys. They had their independent wrench up in Vail source them some seats a few years ago. The light seats are made for 130 pound asians and not for 200 plus pound chunks that we have operating here.

  7. #7Birken Vogt2021-03-10 22:51

    Last time we needed a truck seat we happened to be standing in the Pete dealership and the boss said just buy one. They had them all over the floor in different trim levels. I'm sure you could adapt one to the machine you are working on.

  8. #8John C.2021-03-11 00:56

    I never liked a truck seat in a shovel. Most all were knee action and tended to fold you forward. Kab makes a nice seat but I don't know where you would find one for decent money.

  9. #9hoechucker2021-03-12 11:02

    Could you fabricobble a cat seat into there. These cat seats last a long time. 10k hours and still like new for mine

  10. #10Hallback2021-03-12 11:07

    I'm sure a guy can.

  11. #11hoechucker2021-03-12 11:29

    KAB makes them. 599 on the first page google brought up

  12. #12Hallback2021-03-12 14:53

    The cat seat? Nice!

  13. #13hoechucker2021-03-12 15:16

    TN parts. KAB E4 is 599. That's what I found anyway. I also found some bases

  14. #14Hallback2021-03-12 16:39

    This is what I ended up getting, the kobelco's have the arm rests in the seat so I had to get one with them.