Does anyone have a source for aftermarket windows for a CAT 304C CR. A recent house demo took out the cab door window and the cab window behind the open door. I also need the front flip up window from a previous encounter.
Talk to the dealer for the curved one, have a glass shop look at the other 2 windows, I know the front one is only $200 +/- from the dealer. Should be $60 or so to have it mounted as it is glued to the frame. If you're breaking windows, especially the ones on the side of the cab, while doing demo, you're doing it wrong!
While moving up the side of the house the track next to the house dropped in a hole and tipped the the machine into the front corner of the roof eve. The door was open and the corner of the roof got both door and cab side windows. The front glass was cracked when I bought the machine. I will post picks later.
The door glass is for sale on ebay now. It's for a cat 305. May be the same depending on year.
As above. Flat laminated glass you can get from any good windshield glass supplier. If it's bonded into the frame (most are these days) then R&I is a pain if you don't have the right tools. I have a doc about it that you're welcome to have, drop me a PM with your email address. Curved glass is usually only available from a dealer. Same comments as above apply regarding installation.
Just got the quote back from Cat for713.46 for all three pieces of glass and required cushions. They suggested a local glass co for install. maybe later this month.
Nige, thanks for the insall info. It will go to the glass shop for insatall