Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

air filter box building pressure

milk75man ยท 2015-08-25 19:23

I have an 97 863 Bobcat with the Deutz BF4M1011F 5 year ago i rebuilt the whole motor. Every since I've had it back together I have had start issues with it. It will start but surge until I put a ice pic in the injector rack. Then it'll power up and run fine. I have noticed that pressure in my air intake it is turbo'd and should be pulling a hard vacuum I'm now starting to think that my valve timing is off. Either an intake valve or exhaust valve is staying open during a compression stroke. It doesn't quite have the power that it used to before I overhauled it but everything in the motor is new. I had the head resurfaced and the valves checked and everything was good. Any other suggestions on why I'm developing pressure in the air intake box?

Replies3
  1. #1jcb jeff2015-08-27 09:13

    Check your valve clearance if you had a valve stuck open you normally here a chuffing noise every time the suspect cylinder fire .you could do a quick compression test that would be a good place to start.

  2. #2DB22015-08-27 10:17

    Does that engine have a timing belt? If so it may have jumped

  3. #3Todd v.2015-08-28 20:01

    As already said above... Yea a compression test would probably be the best info you could get, I'd make sure the valve timing and clearance is right first before pulling injectors.