Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air from injectors

CaptainJackson · 2023-12-11 07:35

Hey all, brand new here as well as to posting so please forgive any missing pieces or mess ups. That said straight to the problem. I'm working on a bobcat E35 mini excavator and need help deciding what to do next. The machine was running out of fuel when it arrived here and I have managed to eliminate most of the problems. I've places glass tubes in the fuel lines to locate where I was getting air in the system. By bypassing the factory fuel filter housing and replacing a couple rubber lines I have managed to eliminate all air prior to high pressure pump. When I was checking the injectors for bypass I removed the manifold from the bypass tubes of the injectors and put clear tubing in. All three injectors are putting out the same amount of fuel from the bypass but they are all blowing bubbles. I don't know why they would be doing that? Has anyone ever seen this before? Should I just take the pump off and send it to the shop to be tested for repairs? This machine is a 2020 and it has 1100 hours on it. I don't believe it is supposed to have bubbles coming out from the injectors but maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I'd hate to send this thing back out only to have it returned and look like a fool. If there is any information I can provide to help get answers please let me know. Thanks in advance all.

Replies6
  1. #1Zewnten2023-12-21 20:29

    I would suspect the pump is causing the bubbles. These is a guy on here who’s good with fuel pumps, if you get you pump make and model and ind him he might have some suggestions.

  2. #2CaptainJackson2023-12-21 21:46

    That would be great. How do I get in contact with him?

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-12-21 22:40

    Thepumpguysc . Say his name 3X and he will appear.

  4. #4funwithfuel2023-12-21 22:43

    Since I'm here dabbling, did you unplug the injectors while cranking? You want them electrically dead. Wait, you bypassed the fuel filter housing on a HPCR engine. That's no good. There is zero tolerance for impurities, especially water. What engine do you have?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-12-22 00:56

    Sorry but I don’t do common rail..anything..

  6. #6Birken Vogt2023-12-22 01:48

    I've seen some videos on Australians doing stuff to common rail cars like it is no big deal, showing how to get aftermarket or affordable pump parts, etc. But here in the States it is like a black art or something, nobody is doing it or at least showing it being done, outside of a dealership. I wonder why that is? What I have worked on I have found not that hard to deal with if you read the manual carefully.