https://lancaster.craigslist.org/hvd/5557314244.html Saw this on Lancaster PA. Craigslist AIRCO / BURNY CNC 2 OXYGEN ACETYLENE cutting table
I'd probably go a couple grand on that.... old machine converted to run off a PC... could be someone's nightmare, hard to get parts for, unsupported software. Good bones though for a cutting setup.
That's an old optical tracer setup to run from a PC. Those things are kind of worthless. They take up twice as much room as a non tracer setup. The servos are so slow that you can only run oxy fuel cutting torches. They could not keep up with a plasma cutter. For that reason they are not much good for cutting thin metal. Kind of a relic from another age.
I have an Airco optical pattern torch with about a 3 ft square table and it is very handy for odd one offs. I can draw something in autocad and print it 1:1 with a thick line and have it burned out in under 15 min. It has some quirks like it randomly decides which direction it's going to cut around a drawing, but nothing horrible. The resolution is good enough you can see the wiggles in the cut from a hand drawn sharpie line. Not a waste of space in the slightest IMHO. Greyson
Horses for courses. I know one outfit still has a magnetic roller tracer with steel patterns and a pantograph in the corner. They have some parts they make a few a year of for some customer, been making them for forty years, and they don't see any reason to take the time to draw them up for the cnc plasma. "One of these days". It's all about if you have the room and how much value can you get from it. If it wasn't 3,000 miles away, I would be dickering on it.