Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Airco welder parts

grandpa ยท 2009-11-23 19:32

I have an old airco wire feed welder and it welds like a million bucks but the drive wheels for the wire feed are worn out and im wanting to know if anyone knows where there is still parts for these old dinosaurs? Hate to have to put her to pasture on account of these little gears

Replies7
  1. #1willie592009-11-23 20:38

    What has your local welding supply said about getting parts? I'm sure parts are still available, here's one outfit I found on-line, but there should be something closer to you. http://www.arc-products.com/

  2. #2grandpa2009-11-23 20:53

    local welders supply said he couldnt get them. Im gonna try arc products tommorrow. Thanks big boy!

  3. #3willie592009-11-23 21:05

    Good luck finding parts gp. I know Airco hasn't been made for years, but feed rollers are common wear items. I would think somebody out there has them. I'd wear the internet out until I found them. :drinkup

  4. #4Speedpup2009-11-24 17:36

    http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11204 not sure if it is your exact problem but it may be a starting point.

  5. #5dist32009-11-24 17:41

    Try Welder Repair & Rental Service 16 Commerce Cir Durham CT 06422 860 349 0864 If my memory serves me right I think my past employer had an airco wire feed welder and the last time he needed a liner for the gun he got it from them with a new set of wheels.

  6. #6grandpa2009-11-24 20:00

    Arc products had the gears in stock so they are now on their way to me. Thanks to everyone that offered help.

  7. #7willie592009-11-24 20:06

    :woohoo :drinkup