Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Airf Compressor Size

Rooster75 ยท 2017-01-04 12:20

I am looking into air compressors for my shop. Something single phase maybe 80-120 gallon tank. I would be running impact guns,air jacks, and few other light operations. I'm not gong to be using these all time just whenever needed. I have a dump truck and several pieces of equipment. I just don't want to buy one to small for my needs. I have found a Polar compressor online, 120 gallon tank 10 hp 35 cfm's. Any thoughts on this brand. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Birken Vogt2017-01-04 15:14

    I don't know about the brand but I know I used to have a one man shop and 7.5 HP was just right. It would run continuously when I was doing something continuous but the pressure would not drop.

  2. #2Jonas3022017-01-04 18:53

    If your talking a polar air by Eaton its a very good choice Where I used to work I put that same pump from them on a 120 gallon tank 10 hp 175 psi it was so quite you could hear the phone in the compressor room compared to being able to hear the compressor across the street The one time I had a problem with it someone that knew compressors answered the phone and we were running in 5 minutes This was in a shop with 3 mechanics and a body guy (body guys take a lot of air running sanders) the only thing we couldn't run was the big sandblaster but blast cabinets were fine its about 12 years old now still running every day I think you would probably do well with the 7.5 80 gallon that's what I have where I work now a cheap 80 gallon working alone its a little light for the one inch gun have to wait a minute here and there if it breaks it will get an eaton pump put on though for the extra 600 I would be tempted to go to the 120 gallon nothing