Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

airing up problem

buckfever · 2010-10-21 19:04

where can i get an adapter to fill the tires on my A 25c dump. It has 23.5/r25 tires and a 3/8 air fill valve. Also a pressure gauge would be great too.

Replies9
  1. #1willie592010-10-21 20:07

    You can get adapters like this one that's changes the valve stem size to fit standard automotive size air chucks and pressure gauges. This adapter fits the inner threads of the 3/8" valve stem. They also make adapters to fit the outside threads of the valve stem, just not sure where to find them. http://www.gemplers.com/product/TRAD1/Large-BoreStandard-Bore-Adapter

  2. #2DPete2010-10-21 20:45

    Any industrial type tire shop should have adapters.

  3. #3buckfever2010-10-21 20:53

    thanks atco we had one of those given to me by a buddy and one of our guys lost it:cussing:Banghead couldn't find out where to get o new one. Do you know where I could get the larger fill valve? I'v seen one on before but the machanic dosen't know where he got it.

  4. #4willie592010-10-21 21:10

    Don't know where to find one just anywhere. I'm like DPete, I have a local tire tool supply shop that I can get these kind of things. There has to be something out there on the interwebz.

  5. #5Truck 5052010-10-21 21:19

    Pretty sure NAPA sells them.

  6. #6buckfever2010-10-22 19:16

    thanks guys found a web site that has fill valves and pressure gages.

  7. #7Cmark2010-10-23 03:54

    Cat sell them. 5F9999 is the adapter so you can use a standard car tyre inflator. 1P3551 is the chuck for the large stems. 1P0545 is a pressure gauge.

  8. #8Dualie2010-10-24 04:15

    our local cat dealer has a little store for their swag shirts and tools. They sell these right up front.

  9. #9tctractors2010-10-25 15:40

    The Volvo dealers sell the correct air line for the inflating of your tyres, it comes in a simple plastic bag and is of only a small cost, it screws onto the pressure test ports and clips onto the adapter that you screw into the wheel valve, the last one I bought cost about £22. a year ago. to test the air pressure I use a push on CAT gauge that again is only a small cost, this will press straight onto the Earth-mover spec valve and hold the reading untill you press the zero button, the good average pressure to puff into your 23.5's is around 50 psi, but please check your hand book as tyres from different Co's take more or less wind to reach there best performance. tctractors